Join us at Museums and the Web 2016, for a workshop that teaches you how to place the “users” at the center of the museum visit, in a new kind of experience that meets their individual needs and exceeds their expectations. In turn, you’ll be increasing the museum’s relevancy, improving revenues and building audiences - a real win-win situation.
What’s going to happen?
- Facilitators introduce a range of tangible ideas that make experiences user-centric
- Working with small teams, engage in various practice exercises guided by a facilitator
- Present your findings to the larger group, enabling learning from each other
What do you get
- Practical skills to gain a clear understanding of what makes a museum user centric
- Tangible ideas to take back to your colleagues and stakeholders
- Materials/workbook to create user profiles and set you on a plan of action
Sounds good, right?
You can learn more and register here.